These books explore new understandings of how the human brain operates and how that shapes the ways in which we feel, think and behave.
- The Feeling of What Happens: Body and Emotion in the Making of Consciousness, by Antonio Damasio
- Self Comes to Mind: Constructing the Conscious Brain, Antonio Damasio
- Incognito: The Secret Lives of the Brain, by David Eagleman
- The Ethical Brain: The Science of Our Moral Dilemmas, by Michael S. Gazzaniga
- How the Mind Works, by Steven Pinker
- The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind, by Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson